Motion Tracking and Stabilization in After Effects by Pete O'Connell
ALL NEW LOW PRICING!!
COW Price: $19.95
After the success of Pete O'Connell's first Creative COW Master Series DVD, "Advanced Rotoscoping Techniques for Adobe After Effects," Pete returns with more features and detailed instruction to take your motion tracking to a whole new level.
From the author: "A few years back in Montreal, for my very first VFX job, I found myself in the unusual position of being 'The 2D department' on a feature film. I was thrown into the deep end. I spent many an all-nighter doing my best to deliver Hollywood level effects. The biggest 'I wish I knew then...' that I have from that time is beyond a doubt with regards to motion tracking. Since I had no senior compositor to turn to to show me the ropes, I had to figure it out for myself, which in retrospect was a good thing because in the process of figuring things out, I stumbled across a few techniques of my own.
"My aim in creating this DVD was to assemble all the most useful 2D tracking skills that I have been using in production over the past few years. There are many examples of the most important ‘Real world’ techniques you should have at your disposal when you are striving for a perfect result when stabilizing or match-moving. Enjoy!"
Pete is a gifted film compositor who has not only worked on some of our favorite films, including the highly acclaimed Transporter 2, but is a leader in our Nuke forum, and a frequent poster in both our After Effects and After Effects Basics forums.
This new DVD offers some fantastic tools, complete with project files, for motion tracking text on your video images, seamlessly introducing moving video images into your existing video timeline, stabilizing troublesome video images, and…well, frankly, there’s no end to the magic in Pete O’Connell’s approach to Motion Tracking.
A total of 18 lessons, over 4 hours in all! Including:
- 2Nukes. One point stabilization.
- Nukes and Mill. Two point stabilization.
- Rotterdam. Match moving.
- Graffiti Plane. Mocha AE and planes.
- 2D is 2D. In After Effects, 2d is 2d. Examples of copy and pasting in AE.
- Honest Eds. Two point stabilizing panning footage.
- Graffiti. Comping an element onto a wall.
- Combine. Comping crop circles into a shot.
- Boiler Room. Comping an actor into footage.
- Skateboarder. Stabilizing footage with a 1 point track.
- Brick Building. Getting tracker data from one program into another using a text editor.
- T Rex. Motion Tracking to stabilize an effect.
- Expression Tracker Calc. Applying two point tracker data with expressions.
- Interlaced. Incorporating a CG element into interlaced footage.
- Paramount. Cornerpin track based paintout.
- Rotterdam Zoom Out. Hand Tracking.
- Stairs Closed. Cornerpin based sign replacement.
- Mex Euro Beer. Opening mexican or european beer without a bottle opener in After Effects - hey, you've been working hard on this DVD!
"...you are strongly encouraged to purchase Pete's excellent training DVD. You will truly benefit by upgrading your tracking skills by working on real-world projects and picking up invaluable tips and techniques" Roland Kahlenberg (broadcastGEMs)
Note on Postage: First Class Domestic Mail generally arrives between 1 - 2 weeks from time of ordering. Priority Mail generally arrives within one week. International Mail can take significantly longer: please allow two to three weeks for safety. |
Please also be aware that our International Shipping fee does not include any Customs fees or handling fees charged by your government to you at time of package arrival. Any questions? Please click HERE.
Interested in creating your own DVD for The Creative COW Master Series? Let us know!